Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm killing it & in true Bailey fashion, I made a list.

I've really come around in the last little bit I'd say. Heck, I love sushi. Now that is a shocker.

I recently read an article in Relevant Magazine (link at the bottom of this post) my dear friend Whitney passed on and in it is stated, "There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming." Well, I am becoming. And in my becoming I made a list. Typical. I may or may not share my year in actually completing the list. That is if I don't get all sketchball slacker.

By the way, you should read that article if you're 25. Or 27 in my case. There's nothing wrong with a little Peter Pan syndrome.


In the year 27 I want to:
Have at least 1 one-on-one a week
Throw 2 dinner/girlie parties
Buy 3 friends flowers
Give 4 of my favorite books to 4 friends
Try 5 new foods
Write 6 chapters of my book
Ask 7 people I normally wouldn't to go to church/volunteer/go to lunch
Go on 8 random day/weekend trips
Research and learn about 9 different countries
Have 10 friends over for dinner
Surprise my family 11 times (card, call, presence, gift)
Memorize 12 Bible verses
Do 13 completely random and obsurd things
Share 14 new songs with 14 friends
Read 15 books
Coffee shop sit 16 times and journal at least half
Perform 17 random acts of kindness
See 18 live events (only music or sports- my 2 biggest loves- and they absolutely have to be "events")
Turn 19 cartwheels in a public place
Have breakfast with a friend(s) 20 times
Take 21 shots of bourbon (and no not at once)
Randomly play basketball and shoot until i make it 22 times (hopefully i will only shoot 23 times :))
Write Emmanuel 23 letters
Give my 24 year old sister 24 pieces of advice
Buy something I would never spend a lot on for 25 dollars (ex: bottle of wine, dinner)
Clean out my closet and give away 26 articles of clothing
Send 27 cards to 27 people telling them why I love them

Drink some coffee and read this. Really. http://m.relevantmagazine.com/life/whole-life/features/25956-11-things-to-know-at-25ish

No comments:

Post a Comment